Thursday, March 31, 2011

The blocks are coming!

Hooray! I got word yesterday from Nikol of Sewtropolis that log cabin blocks are starting to arrive. Thank you so very much! I can't wait to see what you've made.

It's sort of like the calm before the storm around here. I'm trying to wrap up various projects so I can devote every minute of my spare time to piecing and finishing the Log Cabins for Japan quilts before the end of April.

Sadly, I can't show you most of what I've been doing lately. I've got several PDF patterns in the works that are top secret. Yesterday I finished piecing the back of my Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild black and white challenge quilt and in a fit of inspiration, finished the machine quilting, too. All I have left to do is sew on the binding. I can't wait to reveal the finished product in May. I'm terrible at keeping secrets.

In the meantime, here's a little something I will show and tell. Remember my test blocks from ages ago?

Ta da! I finally made myself a pin cushion.




I love how it turned out, but I think I need another one that reads "Spring." Some people change their wardrobe according to the season, I change my pin cushion....

Please keep those blocks coming in and don't forget to post photos in the Flickr group.

Best wishes,
Annik

1 comment: