My inner bean counter decided to do a little tally of everybody's favorite new fabric lines for 2012. I sifted through all 418 comments to come up a top 15 list. Ready for the results? Here we go:
15. Winterkist by Monica Solorio-Snow - 9 votes
14. Riley Blake Chevrons (coming very soon to my Etsy shop!) - 10 votes
13. Tula Pink's The Birds & the Bees - 11 votes
12. Heather Ross' Nursey Versey - 13 votes
11. Lucy's Crab Shack by Sweetwater - 15 votes
10. Mama Said Sew also by Sweetwater - 15 votes
9. Kona solids from Robert Kaufman - 17 votes
8. Nightshade by Tula Pink - 17 votes
7. Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy Legacy Collection - 18 votes
6. Field Study by Anna-Maria Horner - 19 votes
|From left, Betz White, Anna-Maria Horner, and Denyse Schmidt chillin' in Anna-Maria's Quilt Market booth|
5. Summersville by Lu Summers - 23 votes
4. Bonnie & Camille's Vintage Modern - 30 votes
3-1. We had a three way tie for first place. Lotta Jansdotter's Bella line received 31 votes.
|Yes, I scored a fat quarter bundle of Bella at Sample Spree. I was planning to sell it but I don't think I can part with it!|
Bonnie & Camille's Marmalade line also received 31 votes.
Moda clearly dominates the list with 6 out of the 15 fabric lines on the list. And speaking of Moda, they rolled out a new product at Quilt Market called Candy. They're packs of 42 - 2.5" squares. I think they would be fabulous for granny square blocks, postage stamp quilts, and patchwork all around. They retail at $4 each. I'm thinking about ordering Candy packs of Marmalade and Simply Color for my Etsy shop. What do you think? Would you buy these little squares?